Sunday 13 April 2014

Everyday Hydration with Optiva *


As we all know when the whole world is preparing for summer, We in the southern hemisphere are dreading the winter. Nonetheless winter has almost set in, at least here in Melbourne and we prepare to keep our skin hydrated and soft against the harsh winter months. Today I have for you two really good products that will help you to battle this cold weather and keep your skin feeling and looking healthy.
Boots laboratories introduces the Optiva range which goes beyond hydration to help strengthen the skin's moisture barrier, resulting in healthier looking skin. It hydrates the skin for up to 24 hours, quenches free radicles and helps revitalize skin leaving it velvety smooth and glowing with health.Optiva is formulated with Althaea Officinalis (marshmellow root) extract, known for its soothing and protective properties. Other active ingredients include Allantoin, Shea Butter and Glycerin. 





Optiva Comforting Body Balm 150ml $16
This body balm is rich and creamy which helps intensively hydrate and soften the skin. Boosts moisture levels to soothe dry skin for upto 24 hours. Contains coconut oil, cocoa seed butter, grape seed oil and althaea officinalis root extract.
I have been using this for the past couple of weeks and have noticed that my skin does not feel dry and tight after a shower. It has definitely made my skin feel softer. I used to use this day and night on my whole body and it does not feel sticky or heavy on my skin. I found that my skin soaked the cream in completely and did not have a greasy or oily film on top. Above all it smells heavenly and the fragrance is hypoallergenic so it suits my skin. 



Optiva Nourishing Night Cream 40ml $22
A rich moisturizing night cream that absorbs easily to help restore skin overnight. This cream contains the althaea officinalis extract together with other moisturizing ingredients to strengthen and nourish while you sleep.
I have one word to say about this night cream- Wow! I have used a couple of night creams before and unfortunately they have broken me out badly. I then switched to using day creams without SPF at night. I have oily acne prone skin and some night creams are just too heavy for my skin. I was in two minds about using this night cream but after using it for a week I fell in love with it. It is creamy and rich without being overly heavy on my skin. I love the way it just soaks into my skin leaving it soft and supple the next morning. I only use a pea sized amount and that covers my face and neck. It does have the same fragrance as the body balm and I find it very calming. 

The Boots Optiva range is suitable for sensitive skin, is hypoallergenic and paraben free.

You can purchase these products from your local Amcal, Amcal Max, Guardian Pharmacies or online from here.

*This item was kindly provided to me. As with all my posts, it is 100% honest and of my own personal opinion. For more information, visit my Disclosure Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment