Saturday 12 July 2014

Essence Trend Edition in Dark Romance


Essence is now out with another collection which is apt for winter here in Australia. Dark Romance is a collection of reds, berries and deep blues and grey. I picked up some of the products that I want to share with you guys today.


This collection also features some cool nail and body art products which I didn't pick up because I don't tend to use them. The products I got were the two lipsticks, two lipglosses, two blushes, one cream highlighter and one of the eyeshadow quads.

(Pic Heavy)










Top- Cream blush in 01 Painted Love, 02 Red Romance ( Swatched heavily/ blended in), Middle- Eyeshadow quad in 01 Mystery Glam,  Bottom- Lipsticks in 02 Painted Love, 01 Red Romance, Lipglosses in 02 Light up and 01 Black Shadow.


Cream Highlighter in 01 Light up.

The cream/ mousse blushes are very soft and creamy, but they do require a lot of product and work to actually blend and be seen on the cheek. Once blended they leave a slight stain that lasts for about 5 hours on my skin.
The Eyeshadow quads have some very nice smokey shades which are perfect for the winter but they are quite sheer if you do not apply a primer. They do blend seamlessly but have a bit of fallout too so make sure you tap of the excess before applying them on your eyes.
The Lipsticks are my second favorite products in this collection. They are super creamy and glide on so easily on the lips. The colour pay off is pretty good too. Two swipes and you get full opaque colour. If you are scared to rock red or dark berry lips then you could do only one swipe and pat it with your fingers to create a stain effect. They do have a chemically scent which is very faint and you cannot smell it when you have the lipstick on so thats a bonus.
Essence Lipglosses are the best lipglosses in my opinion. I am not a huge fan of glosses but when it comes to choosing between a MAC lipgloss and Essence, my vote will always go to Essence. They are creamy, non-sticky, and very comfortable on the lips. The two shades I got have a lot of iridescent shimmer which looks beautiful when the light catches it. 01 Black Shadow is a grey base with silver shimmer which is in no way gritty feeling on the lips. 02 Light up is a white base with pink and blue iridescent shimmer. Both these glosses smell like Watermelon Hubba Bubba. Yumm!!
I also got the Cream highlighter in 01 Light up which comes off as a beautiful pinky sheen on the skin when you blend it in. It reminds me of Benefit's Moon Beam but in a cream form. If you can pick only one item from this collection I would highly recommend this highlighter.

Available at Priceline now.

Have you picked up anything from this collection? What are your favorite products from Essence?


❤❤❤

6 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about this collection, there haven't been many reviews of it. The blushes look like a really interesting texture, but they seem to blend out really nicely! The cream highlighter seems lovely too, though I think the pink reflect might be a bit too much for me.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use a tiny bit it doesn't come up this pink. I had to swatch heavily so the camera could pick up the colour.

      Delete
  2. I picked up a few things today, luckily, but would like to get more! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab them before they disappear. There is a pretty blue/ purple nail polish that may interest you.

      Delete
  3. My priceline had the highlighter, used lipsticks and nail stuff that was it. I was so disappointed. I only got the highlighter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently been loving Essence! It's just so affordable. This collection looks lovely I'll have to pick up a few things next time I'm in Priceline :)

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete