Wednesday 30 July 2014

Face of the Day featuring Chi Chi products.

Hey guys, I recently bought my very first Chi Chi foundation and lipstick and instead of reviewing them seperately, I thought of doing a face of the day and talk about the products. For this makeup look I used the Chi Chi Fabulous and Flawless foundation in No. 7 Medium Natural. For my eyes I used the Rich Gems palette with the gold colour all over my lid and the bronze shade in the outer corner and blended it through the crease. For a pop of colour I used the purple and maroon shade and ran that under my lower lashline. For the lips I used the Viva La Diva Matte lipstick in Social Climber. Other products such as mascara, blush, eyebrow products were all from other brands so I won't go through those here. 





 



First up lets talk about the Fabulous and Flawless Foundation RRP $29.95- ChiChi says "A beautiful new oil free foundation that is ultra-light weight, with medium yet build-able coverage. Long wearing smudge-proof staying power with an easy glide-on application. Skin looks and feels soft, fresh and natural. Colour true, even looking shades. Super moisturising and super hydrating, this unique foundation is Antioxidant enriched with Vitamins A, E & B5. With continual use helps reduce the appearance of fine lines. Paraben Free and ideal for all skin types including sensitive skin. made in Italy with Love!"

The foundation box has the name of the shade and also a little description of the colour skin tone it will match. Like No.7 Medium Natural would suit people with medium skin and neutral undertones. the bottle itself is made of glass so feels nice and heavy, it comes with a pump which is a must have for liquid foundation. As for the foundation itself I must say I agree with half of their claims; This foundation is smooth, buildable, hydrating and gives a very natural looking finish. I don't think it is very long wearing because I wore this for 10 hours but it started fading and got my T-zone quite oily after 7 hours of wear. I do like setting it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and that helps my face stay oil free for longer. Without setting it with a powder it lasts only about 4-5 hours after which my face looks like a grease ball. 
Two layers gives me a medium coverage but for my spots I do have to go in with a concealer as more layers of this foundation does look very cakey. The colour selection is pretty good as it comes in 10 different shade so you are most likely to find a good match, but I do recommend trying it out first because it oxidizes and you don't want to look like an oompah-loompah, do you? This shade No.7 would suit people between NC40- 42 in MAC. Be warned though that this foundation has a very strong perfume scent to it which I could smell from my face even an hour after application. 

Chi Chi Glamorous Eyeshadow Palette in Rich Gems RRP $22.95 - "Chi Chi's collection of velvety soft, highly pigmented eye shadows are easily blended to create individual looks. They may be worn sheer or dramatic, wet or dry to reflect your mood or desire."
I have owned this palette for almost a year now and as much as I love the colours the only draw back for me is the consistency. These shadows are slightly blendable and pigmented but they have so much fallout. Even if I pick up the tiniest bit of colour I tap my brush out 3-4 times still I have flecks of shimmer on my cheeks. If they weren't so dry and powdery maybe they would have been my holy grail eyeshadows. Not a huge fan but I will still use it because the colours are lovely.

Lastly we have the Chi Chi Viva La Diva lipstick in Social Climber RRP $18.95 - "Viva La Diva ... all will hail when they notice your dramatic, richly coloured pout. These super saturated, ultra pigmented lipsticks glide on effortlessly leaving a velvety-smooth, long wearing, hydrated finish. Enriched with Beeswax, Calendula, Vitamin E, Evening Primrose and Jojoba Oils these lipsticks are non drying and very moisturising whilst at the same time drowning your lips with super rich, fashion hues. "

First off all a big thumbs up to Chi Chi for the packaging. These lipsticks look so pretty on your vanity you are going to be tempted to buy more. They come in a whopping 42 shades with different finishes like matte, cream and metallic. The lipstick I have is in the matte finish and is described as a rosy beige nude. Like all matte lipsticks I thought this would be quite drying on my lips too so I prepped my lips with a lip balm before putting it on. The application was quite easy as it did not tug or pull on my lips and felt very creamy. It did dry to a matte finish which felt quite uncomfortable after an hour of application (maybe because I have dry lips at the moment). Again this lipstick has a weird scent/ taste which is similar to the Rimmel Apocalips which I hate from the bottom of my heart. That is my personal opinion but if you don't mind the scent go ahead and purchase this lipstick because it is a nice lipstick. It lasted on me for 4 hours without any touch ups but faded when I had lunch. Because this is a matte formula reapplying may accentuate the dryness of your lips. Make sure you have well scrubbed, moisturized lips before applying this lipstick.

So those were all my thoughts on the Chi Chi products that I created this look with. You can purchase Chi Chi from Myer, Target or Online.


❤❤❤

4 comments:

  1. I've only tried the Nudes palette from Chi Chi, I agree that the texture isn't that great, but they are pretty well pigmented, and it's a great dupe for the Naked palette. I really like the look of the shades in the Rich Gems palette. I've heard good things about their lipsticks, they seem pretty decent but I love that shade on you!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the pigmentation and colour range, they are really good with that but I just don't like the consistency and its very messy to work with.
      Love the packaging and colour of the lipstick but the scent is unbearable for me and you can taste it too. I won't be purchasing any more only because of that reason

      Delete
  2. I love their palettes and wanna get more!! I've heard great things about that foundation but I'm still on the fence about it as I have very oily skin. Great post, lovely :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use a primer and set it with a mattifying powder I think it will last on you. Get a sample from Myer and try it out. Just go ask anyone at the registers and they can give you a sample to try. I did the same too.

      Delete